Students whose parents desire a strong academic foundation in a Catholic atmosphere are invited to make application for admission to Good Shepherd Catholic School.
Students are admitted to Good Shepherd Catholic School based on the following:
All students new to Good Shepherd must supply us with the following information at time of registration:
Registration cannot be completed without all of these documents.
NEW STUDENT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Complete New Student registration forms below
New Student Application
New Students Tuition Rates & Fees
- Mail or Bring the following to the school office: (Registration cannot be completed without these forms):
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
- Current Shot Records
- Latest Report Card for 1st – 8th Grade
- Latest Copy of Standardized Test Scores for 1st – 8th Grades
- Interview & Testing (the office will contact students to set up times)
- Prospective students and their parents are to interview with Principal or Asst. Principal
- Testing will be arranged when the registration forms are complete (there is a $50 testing fee):
- Kindergarten – each applicant is tested individually for academic readiness
- 1st – 8th Grades – applicants are tested for academic preparedness (students transferring from another Catholic School may have testing waived based on Standardized Testing Results)
- Registration will be given priority in the following order:
- Returning (currently enrolled) students/siblings of Parishioners.
- Children of registered members of Good Shepherd Catholic Church.
- Returning (currently enrolled) non-Parishioner Catholic students/siblings.
- Non-Parishioner Catholic students.
- Returning (currently enrolled) non-Catholic students.
- Non-Catholic students.
- The Principal based upon parent/student interview, space limitations and the availability of an appropriate educational program makes a final decision on admission and will contact the family.
- After the initial registration period of each year, registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
AGE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS PREK – 1ST GRADE
Children must meet the age requirements as outlined by the Diocese:
- PREKINDERGARTEN AGE REQUIREMENTS
- A child entering prekindergarten 3 year old must be three years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- A child entering prekindergarten 4 year old must be four years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- KINDERGARTEN & 1st GRADE AGE REQUIREMENTS
- A child entering Kindergarten must be five years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year.
- A child entering 1st Grade must be six years of age on or before September 1 of the current school year or must be in 1st Grade, or completed Kindergarten in an accredited school.