The Good Shepherd Campus Ministry exists to provide an environment for students to HONOR Jesus and Mother Mary by living like them, to EMPOWER them to ACT in humble service, to encourage them to RELATE in joy with their family, friends, and the Church and to TESTIFY to God’s love.
The H.E.A.R.T. of the Campus Ministry’s purpose came from the two great verses in the New Testaments:
- These are the Great Commandments
Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and your entire mind.” This is the first and greatest commandment, and the second is like it: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” All the Law and the prophets hang on these two commandments. (Matthew 22:37 – 30)
- The Great Commission
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. Any surely I am with you always, to the very end of age.” (Matthew 28: 19 – 20)
H.E.A.R.T. Purpose Core Values:
- HONOR(Worship) – Centered on Christ.
- EMPOWER(Discipleship) – Exercising Servant Leadership.
- ACT(Ministry) – Living a preferential option for the Poor, Being a servant of the Church.
- RELATE (Fellowship) – Focused on the Family, Being a Community.
- TESTIFY(Evangelism) – Evangelistic and Missionary.
(Adapted from CFC FFL Kids for Family and Life)