What are your tuition rates?
At GSS, we work to keep our tuition rates low to make a Catholic education affordable for families. We offer discounts for multiple students, for full payments, and have several payment-plan options. We also offer financial aid and want to give every child access to a Catholic education.
|# Of Students||Annual Tuition||10 Monthly Payments||11 Monthly Payments||12 Monthly Payments||Pre-Pay Discount|
|July-April||July – May||July-June||Paid in full by June 20
Do you charge more for non-parishioners?
No. GSS offers the same tuition rates for all students. We ask all families to support the school and parish through volunteer hours or families have the option to pay a non-support fee.
Do you provide multi-student discounts?
Yes. We offer discounts for families with more than one enrolled student. See our tuition rates above.
Do you provide financial aid?
Yes. Financial aid is offered by Good Shepherd Catholic School to assist families with the cost of tuition and is based solely on need. Financial aid is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to families who are parishioners of Good Shepherd Catholic Church.
Financial Aid: There are two sources of financial aid available to Good Shepherd Catholic School families:
- Diocese of Dallas Education Endowment Trust – apply online at www.factstuitionaid.com ($35 fee to apply)
- Good Shepherd Tuition Assistance Program – apply online at www.factstuitionaid.com (no additional fee if you paid the $35 fee to FACTS for the Diocese of Dallas scholarship – you can apply for both on the same application)
Please call the school office for more information (972) 272-6533
What about financial aid for preschool?
Financial aid is also available for families with preschool children through the Good Shepherd Tuition Assistance Program. — apply online at www.factstuitionaid.com ($35 fee to apply)
Other than tuition, what costs can I expect?
- All new and returning families will pay a non-refundable registration fee of $450 per family. Middle school students pay a $25 technology fee in August for use of their laptops.
- Each family is also asked to contribute $200 towards our fall and $150 toward our spring annual fundraisers. Also the PTO requires families to sell 2 boxes of chocolate for $120. By selling to others, this keeps the tuition costs lower.
- All students are required to wear uniforms that can be purchased at Academic Outfitters.
How do you keep tuition low while still providing access to state-of-the-art technology? Do you charge a technology fee?
At GSS we focus on providing our students access to technology – knowing that they will need to use it to be successful in the future.
We have been blessed with several technology grants over the past few years that have enabled us to purchase 25 touch-screen computers for our computer lab, 32 tablets for use in our classrooms, and 10 smart-boards that enable our teachers and students to interact real-time with materials. GSS students benefit from being at one of the most technology-enabled schools in the Diocese!
Middle School students pay a $25 technology fee in August for use of their laptops.
See our technology at work here: http://www.goodshepherdcatholicschool.org/technology/